SEX — THE FINAL FRONTIER: WRITERS ON SEX, LOVE & INTIMACY IN ITS MANY FORMS
An open discussion about sex, love and intimacy from authors who use their writing talents to engage in honest talk that educates, titillates and scintillates!
J.C. Adams (Gay Porn Heroes)
Morty Diamond (Trans/Love)
Oriana Small (Girlvert: A Porno Memoir)
Karrine Steffans (SatisFaction)
Moderator: Adrian Colesberry
Join us for a provocative evening with porn star and proclaimed “girl-pervert” Oriana Small, AKA Ashley Blue, for a profound view of the intricacies of her last decade in and out of the adult film industry, love, and drugs, and her voyage toward what it means to live ecstatically — as depicted in her new book, GIRLVERT: A PORNO MEMOIR. Oriana will be reading from her book, accompanied by a slide show featuring stills from her movies.
With guest introducer and moderator CAROL QUEEN,
founder of the Center for Sex and Culture.
1644 Haight Street
San Francisco, California
Rare Bird Lit, a Los Angeles based PR and marketing firm geared toward literary ventures, has landed in New York. Rare Bird’s New York based Director of Marketing and Publicity, Christina Galante (formerly of 826LA), is pulling together their community of New York friends old and new, for an evening of music, books, and mingling. Members of Robbers on High Street will be spinning a ’60s garage/sould DJ set, and attendees will get a chance to meet Rare Bird author Oriana Small (Girlvert) and others. Refreshments are free, but a $25 donation to 826NYC will get you access to private lounge and a giftbag with books and music from the sponsors.
The powerHouse Arena · 37 Main Street (corner of Water & Main St.) · DUMBO, Brooklyn
For more information, please call 718.666.3049
Oriana Small aka Ashley Blue plucks her pubic hair for the collectors edition of Girlvert: A Porno Memoir – Pre-Order Here
This beautiful art edition of Girlvert: A Porno Memoir by Oriana Small AKA Ashley Blue is limited to only 50 copies, and features:
* Limited edition copy of the book with stonecut edges and a very special French-flapped letterpress cover that distinguishes itself dramatically from the standard trade edition cover art and design (signed and dated by the author)
* Jacketed in handmade Japanese paper by designer Ted Nava, including one bulbous Oriana Small pubic hair plucked by Small herself and inserted into each sheet of dust jacket paper as it dries
* Slipcased in beautiful handmade plywood by Ted Nava
* One original Polaroid of Oriana Small by legendary photographer Dave Naz
* One limited to 50 5×7 (hand signed and numbered) lithograph of Oriana Small artwork NOT featured in the book
* Admission for one to your choice of XXX Nite with Oriana Small and Friends launch events in either Los Angeles or New York
PLEASE NOTE: This is for PRE-ORDER ONLY. Actual limited edition books will be either shipped or available for pickup no sooner than May 3, 2011. Freight is complimentary. However, ACT NOW! These will not be around long!